Tuesday 3 November 2015

Gimme Glitter: Illamasqua - Blizzard

Hi guys!! It's been a while since we've had a swatch post, just haven't bought a lot of polish which is a good thing. I didn't intend to buy this but TK Maxx has many nail polish blessings haha. Illamasqua for less than £4, you can't say no to that. Last year (it feels so much longer than that though) I bought a white glitter polish as a substitute (Claire's Fluffy btw) but I can now confirm they are not the same. Illamasqua has mad grace, not knocking Claire's though, they had one of my favourite polishes last year too.

Probably not your typical swatch but I wanted a really girly gradient and some extra glitter sprinkled in. So Blizzard has a clear base with subdued pearly white hex glitter and it's really pretty.

You know I love Illamasqua, the only high end brand that I think is worth it. The only one, nothing else is worth it. I'm loving that TK Maxx is selling them for so cheap, now I'll never buy full price again (unless another polish like Melange comes around...). Sure there are dupes and sometimes I'd go for them but the shades are amazing and the formula is flawless. Like it's quality stuff and while expensive not the worst of the high end brands (Chanel anyone?).

The formula was pretty good for this kind of glitter. There's a lot of base but if you load up the brush with glitter and do multiple nails at a time then you're sweet. While there's a lot of base there's also a lot of glitter. The gradient was done with The Body Shop A Grape Affair and Orly Basket Case, the extra glitter is Revlon Belle.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment