Friday 1 January 2016

Pink Glitter Cherry Blossom Nail Art

Hey guys, Happy New Year!! I'm sure we're confused where 2015 went but 2016 is here and I think it's a good thing for a metaphorical new start :) Please tell me we're all watching the Sherlock new year special today.
I actually did look this ages ago, before any of the Christmas nail art but I think me being behind is a given now. Just really enjoying this holiday while I can and before my life gets mental again. I think we've all been busy bees (lol at this phrase that I've never used before). My plan was to post a load during December and that didn't even happen haha. I forgot to mention that during December I had a load of choir things and one of them was broadcast on TV (where I looked like the boredest person alive lol) and I did a reading on the radio (now that wasn't too bad :P). Anyway, cherry blossom.

I think cherry blossom designs are always nice, I think the all pink thing was a mistake on my part but I think the look still pulls through. I'm still on a total matte kick and thankfully my matte topcoat hadn't turned on me (but it's early days yet, I'll tell you what I mean in a future post). The glitter totally helped this look out, it adds magic and that and a windswept effect. 

I started with the black branches and kind of just dragged the toothpick and hoped for an arty effect. My branches could've been done better but we go with it. Then I added the flowers and did a dot and dragged the black to the centre. I was trying to do gradient flowers but it didn't really work, it works better once I point it out but you wouldn't notice it otherwise. 

Base: Seventeen - Pink Lemonade
Black: Rimmel - Black Pearl
Light Purple: Seventeen - Parma Violet
Purple: Orly - Frolic
Glitter: Barry M - Fairy Lights and Maybelline - Bouquet

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a fab day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahah wow you're famous!! I totally feel you though I always make elaborate plans for my blog and then end up not posting for months :( But these are so fun! I really like the glitter topper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I try :P yes exactly, life just makes you forget :/ thank you, yes but if glitter is great!! :)

      Delete